So I’ve booked a cruise, the idea of being on a boat sailing up the east coast of Australia to do some island hopping and drink all day is definitely my idea of a holiday. It’s the pirates’ life for me or the closest I’m gonna get to it! Anyways we set sail on August 7th, 41 days and counting and I’ve set myself a little challenge so I can go full pirate without feeling guilty as hell for it afterwards! July is always a big month for me as I have a birthday and I will damned if I don’t do some celebrating also I have another boat excursion with the ladies as a bon voyage and also Christmas in July as we need to celebrate the festive period in less than 40 degree heat! Sooooo its inevitable there will be drinking at some point, setting myself up to drink zero alcohol is a task I’m sure to fail so I will set some parameters. The whole point of this is to hold myself accountable, I will journal my progress and updates as I go! It all kicks off tomorrow!
- Intention to work out 6 times per week, NO LESS THAN 4.
- Alcohol to be drank only at the social events listed above – the drinks can only be red wine, light beer, vodka and slim line tonic or bubbles because of celebrations!
- I can have 1 baby cheat a week i.e. a small chocolate bar, and only 2 cheat meals in the next 40 days which let’s face it will be a take away!
- I have committed to yoga once a week, to be increased by 5 minutes each week. I will start this week with 15 minutes.
- I have to journal only on the wins, any fails have to be written down and then discarded so as not focus on the bad and continue the negative thought spiral.
- Progress pictures and measurements to be taken at start and finish.
- Shopping to be done Sundays and meal prep to be completed each week to avoid buying lunches and eating Chicken Pho for the next 40 days – NOM.
So there we have it – easy peasy! I’ll keep you all updated. And entertained I’m sure!