So I got a nice little surprise this week, I was nominated by Meg over at Midnight Musings with Megs for the Sunshine Blogger Award. It’s a lovely recognition when someone enjoys your blog, as of late I have been struggling to write and even deleted a piece I published last week as I wasn’t happy with it and felt it lacked my personality. To receive this recognition really made my day so massive thank you Meg! For those that aren’t familiar with Meg’s blog, go and check her out!
- Thank the person who nominated you, little cuties that they are!
- Answer the questions from the person that nominated you.
- Nominate other awesome bloggers for this award.
- Create an equal amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated to spread the sunshine!
These were my Questions from Meg:
- What is your favourite way to greet people?
I don’t know that I have a favourite way of greeting people – if I know you and like you, I will give a big smile followed by “Hiyaaa” and a term of endearment such as “lovely” or “flowerpot”. If I don’t know you, it will be a polite “Hello” and a small smile and if I don’t like you then it would be a closed smile with no teeth – if you see my teeth, I like you!
- What is/are your favourite social media and why?
Instagram me thinks, I love photography although all my photos are all taken on an iPhone I like to think I have a good eye. There’s some beautiful pictures to be seen that always brighten my day. I LOVE nature photography and natural shots of weddings/family/ couples where no one is posing.
- Do you have other hobbies?
Most mornings you can find me in the park close to my apartment, doing ICE – NO, not the drug – Intense Cardio Exercise. I’ve been training for 7 weeks now and I’m LOVING it! I’ve struggled for a good few years with body image (if you already read my blog, you’ll know this) and this is a great way for me to stay healthy in the mind and body. Plus I love the sense of achievement and it’s a great way to start the day instead of waking up late and rushing to get ready for work!
- When did you become a writer? What was that moment that made you feel like, “Aha! This is my thing, man!” (If you had one.)
I was unemployed for several months last year and had thought about blogging for a while. So I gave it a shot as it also meant I had a focus each day other than the contents of the fridge and my DVD collection. I used to have a lot buzzing round in my mind and lightbulb moments from life lessons that I wanted to share with the world. So I wrote my first piece “Dating the wrong kind of man” and received a lot of love from women that could relate! And so Smashoz was born!
- If you’ve been at this a while, put a link to a favourite post that you’ve written here for us to enjoy.
So this isn’t the post with most likes or comments but it’s one I’m most proud of. It’s my most honest and real piece of writing and made it to The Huffington Post, I hope you enjoy it!
- What’s your favourite thing to splurge on?
Pamperage…manicures, pedicures, massages, haircuts, eyebrows, and lashes – anything that makes me feel good. I’ve recently learned the importance of self-care so I like to do these things as often as I can to remind myself that I’m a priority and that I matter!
- What is your “exotic dancer” name (the name of your first pet and street you grew up on) and does it suit you?
Jess Primrose – oh yeah, I like that! And yes I think it does, I could totally pull of a name like Jess Primrose – JP for short.
- You’re having drinks with three famous people that you’ve invited! Yay! Who are they?
Now this is a tough one-Diane Keaton because she’s awesome and I want to grow up to be just like her , totally classy and she’s gotten better with age! Jack Nicholson – the man is a living legend and would have a million great stories to tell. Saving the best for last, Taron Egerton – he is absolutely delicious and I believe he’d look right at home in a suit with me sat on his knee, laughing at all his hilarious jokes!
- When you were itty bitty, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Jessica Rabbit – easy! Next question….
- What’s your favourite thing to do on a day off?
In all honesty between working, college and training I don’t get many days to myself so if I do I like to spend it in my pyjamas watching kids movies or Rom Com’s!
So now it’s down to my nominations! These are the blogs that I look forward to reading; I normally save them for when I can sit down with a cup of coffee and indulge! These writers make me laugh and I can totally relate to their posts! Humour always wins me over so kudos ladies, keep going!
It’s entirely up to you guys whether you would like to participate I just thought it was a great way to give recognition, introduce you to my readers and network! Also the questions make for interesting reading!
My Questions for my nominees are as follows:
- Where in the world are you from and where do you currently live?
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your current job?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- What is your favourite book and what is it about?
- How old are you?
- Do you currently have a crush? If so elaborate as much as you can about how you met them?
There we have it, spreading the sunshine! I look forward to reading your answers ladies but again no pressure! Have a great week everyone!